As we continue to Celebrate a Decade at The Huestudio + Company, we honor our many years of creative collaboration with select Preferred Charitable Partners; organizations that are uniquely special, personally-curated and extensively vetted by our team.
August 2018 spotlights the extraordinary and amazing work of Discovery Arts!
Discovery Arts is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that brings the healing power of the arts to children with cancer, serious blood disorders, and life threatening illness while they are in the hospital receiving treatment.
As one of our precious and select Preferred Charitable Partners, enjoy reading about their exemplary work with children for the past 25 years!
Ten Things to Know and Love about Discovery Arts!
- Discovery Arts is Celebrating 25 Years of serving children who are in the hospital undergoing treatment for cancer or life threatening disease.
- Every time the Discovery Arts Team arrives at one of their hospitals, they bring an afternoon of fun, discovery and artistic adventure with their Arts Adventure Programs.
- During every Arts Adventure Program, each child chooses a brand new costume that they will keep. They may select from many activities like having their faces painted, making special art projects, singing, dancing, playing musical instruments, enjoying guest artists, receiving trophies, receiving a special photo keepsake of themselves, getting a Bedside Adventure Kit full of art supplies and activities, and much, much more!
- If a child is too ill to join in the Playroom, a Cast Member delivers a Bedside Adventure Kit directly to their bed. Bedside Adventure Kits are customized kits full of Arts Activities that are age and gender appropriate. *Please consider partnering with Discovery Arts to support their special Bedside Adventure Kits!
- Discovery Arts helps hospitalized children step outside the confines of their illness and into a world of creativity and imagination! Arts Adventures bring smiles, laughter, comfort and hope to these often forgotten children.
- All of Discovery Arts’ programs are offered free of charge to hospitals, patients and their families – all with support – from corporations and private foundations, generous individuals who are friends and partners, a committed circle of private donors, community groups who gather art supplies and an enthusiastic corps of volunteers!
- Discovery Arts currently provides programs to more than 3,500 critically ill children each year.
- Want to make wishes come true? Donate to Discovery Arts’ Wish List with new art supplies that are washable and non-toxic.
- Discovery Arts’ mission is to ensure that each child has the opportunity to forget about the obvious horrors and circumstance of cancer or life threatening illness. Arts Adventures give children the opportunity to use their imagination in an environment that is full of creativity, support, love and laughter. They are a popular powerhouses of fun!
- Get to know the amazing Cast & Crew of Discovery Arts + become a Friend & Partner, just like our colorful friends at The Huestudio + Company! They also created a special Circle of Colors Hat to support #PassTheHat to bring A Day in the Playroom for children in the hospital.
Arts Adventures by Discovery Arts are fun, creative interactive explorations of music, art, dance and drama, all which strengthen the emotional health of critically ill children to help them better cope with the tremendous difficulties of critical illness.
Join Discovery Arts Circle of Friends and become a monthly giving partner!
In celebration of their 25-years, a generous donation of $25 each month will aid a child with cancer or life threatening illnesses to step outside of their illness and into a world of full imagination! Give today! #HuestudioPreferredCharitablePartner