“Sweet April showers do spring May flowers.”
– Thomas Tusser
We honor the many years of creative collaboration with Karen Meeske Cook, owner of The Flower Studio, and her team of talented floral artisans, as we continue to Celebrate a Decade throughout 2018.
Their stunning talents contribute to our company in offering gorgeously textured, vibrant colors and coordinating, collaborative styles to our thoughtfully planned and exquisitely-curated event experiences.
Ten Things to Know About The Flower Studio
- Flowers are our Art. We are inspired by nature and all things botanical. Before designs are realized, they are inspired! Hand selected and artfully crafted for our customers and clients, we interpret the story into magic.
- We are not a “cookie cutter” flower shop. Bigger is not necessarily better. A beautiful gift of uniquely unexpected blossoms will live in your heart long after they have faded and gone.
- Our doors officially opened on April 1, 1992. We are blessed to celebrate 26 years in business, and we’re still counting!
- The business began in my home as a ”Basement Betty” after working many years in the floral industry. Initially, I worked at a greenhouse and plant nursery, then moved into the flower shop, later working at the wholesale level. Prior to opening The Flower Studio, I was a buyer, flower shop director and assistant to my floral mentor at Amlings, the largest floral provider in the Chicagoland area, many years ago.
- Working from home provided the opportunity to develop a client list. Weekly hotel and corporate installations, along with personalized weddings, grew the business into our current brick and mortar location at The Continental Towers in Rolling Meadows, Illinois.
- The Flower Studio is a “destination” florist. We are a bit challenging to locate, but truly a worthy discovery. Stop in for sensory overload!
- Holidays are magical as we transform our studio into a wonderland with collections of eclectic gifts and home décor. April features elegant and fragrant Lavender Wands from Provence, France, exquisite hand-painted Easter eggs from Austria, and adorable children’s gifts from Maileg, a Danish company with charming little toys that inspire the imagination!
- Our specialty is interpreting our customer’s sentiments in life’s momentous occasions. Whether a wedding or celebration, sympathy and loss, The Flower Studio creates unique florals and stunning displays for maximum impact for our personal, hotel and corporate clients.
- We truly are a “flower family”. Jerry Lyons and Krina Koenen are a huge part of The Flower Studio’s success, each with 26 years and 24 years of experience. Each staff member brings a personal touch and charm in serving our customers and clients along with a creative edge and a trained eye for detail. Together, we have a combined 103 years floral experience!
- We delight in working with Jeff and his team at The Huestudio + Company. Jeff brings his colorful imagination and creative ideas to life with flowers as our medium.
Uniquely unexpected and always elegantly designed, The Huestudio + Company and our clients love and adore The Flower Studio for life’s momentous celebrations, special occasions, gracious gifts and little luxuries.
Trust us…You will, too!
Visit our Gallery to view exclusive images by PhotoGabi, personally selected from our vast portfolio of floral artistry by The Flower Studio.
Photo Credits: © PhotoGabi exclusively for The Huestudio + Company, 2017.