As a trusted Preferred Partner of The Huestudio + Company for many years, their images and photographs are beyond pictures, and we are honored to spotlight their talents with Ten Things to Know as we Celebrate a Decade throughout 2018.
“Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still.”
– Dorothea Lange
Revealed Studios provides artistic, storytelling wedding photography and fine art boudoir photography. We like to think we help our brides and grooms sleep a little better leading up to The Day.
Just like we would (and have!) for our own friends, we think of ourselves as a resource for more than just photography. You can come to us for everything from organizing a timeline, to making the day flow smoothly, to scouting out the best locations for display-worthy pictures.
We intentionally take only take a handful of weddings each year. Keeping things small gives us more room for creativity and leaves us more accessible to you.
We’re all about the art and the story.
Whether it’s a tight frame showing a gentle touch or an intimate distance capturing an emotion, our images take you back in time. We love the pretty and the styled, the amusing and the quirky, the tender and the poignant. We value taste, and work for our angles without being intrusive.
We crave good light and study it with awe. We search for compositions that show relationships and settings that evoke a feeling. In short, we create frame worthy images that transport you back in time.
Ten Things to Know About Revealed Studios
- A collaboration of two best friends. Kelly and Maggie have been friends for over a decade. Self-described “feelers,” they are in love with all things that make our hearts pitter-patter – a great book, twinkly lights, and genuine human connection.
- We’re a perfect balance. According to the Meyers-Briggs test, our two personality types are an ideal match for working together. Kelly (INFP) is the logistics queen with a unique eye and killer taste. She keeps Maggie (ENFP), who can gravitate toward vision of grandeur, in check, but also knows when she’s in the flow. Together we’re a balance that works – making a day on the job something we always look forward to.
- Our Studio was once a milk delivery depot – the R. F. Clark dairy from 1890 through the 1920s. You can see the original carriage house door hanging inside the now converted space.
- Mission based: we’re all about helping our boudoir clients feel as great as they’ll look.
- Maggie was first introduced to photography by her Dad, a wedding and portrait photographer. She learned on a film camera and developed prints in her home darkroom.
- Wide range of boudoir clientele: We’ve worked women in their 70s, plus-size women, sexual assault victims, women with breast cancer, women with !disabilities, and women with self doubt. We are champions of ALL women.
- We talk about missing our clients all the time. We always talk about wanting standing happy hour dates so we can see them on the regular.
- Wedding photography has taken us as far south as Argentina and west as Palm Dessert, California.
- We can’t resist a good Motown tune. When “Shout” comes on during a reception, you’ll find us dancing right along with our clients.
- Only a handful of weddings. We intentionally limit the amount of weddings we take each year to maintain high standards of client care and imagery.
“Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever… it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.”
– Aaron Siskind
Visit our Gallery to view exclusive, personally-selected images by Weddings by Revealed Studios.