Throughout 2018, we are celebrating Ten Years of Exquisite Details!
We are proud of our unique gift designs + special collaborations over the years – and – some things are worth sharing again.
These ten special boxes of love captured the heart of a special lady!To commemorate a special ten-year wedding anniversary in 2016, the talented Judy Lynn of Mirabelle Studio was commissioned to create ten keepsake boxes; handmade boxes that would contain ten special messages to be gifted over the course of a ten-day anniversary holiday in Wailea, Maui, Hawaii.
Each morning on the ten-day holiday, a unique box, graced with custom Hawaiian-inspired fabric, was given + contained a love note and celebration card commemorating favorite Hawaiian songs.
Each box represented one clue + “one piece of a larger ten-piece puzzle” that once all ten boxes were received, a four-sided puzzle revealed special anniversary messages and unique graphics, memorable to the anniversary couple.
Delight in the detailed craftsmanship and creativity of Mirabelle Studio + the beautiful photographs in our Gallery by PhotoGabi! #HuestudioPreferredPartners
Read more about other custom gifts from this special A Decade of Love anniversary trip on our blog.
*To create your own bespoke special events and extraordinary occasions that are memorable, we hope you’ll consider Imprint at The Huestudio + Company. Learn more!
Photo Credits:© PhotoGabi exclusively for The Huestudio + Company, 2016.
View photo gallery
As we Celebrate a Decade of The Huestudio + Company throughout 2018, we also celebrate and honor many years of creative collaboration with Preferred Partners; unique artisans that are personally-curated and extensively vetted by our team to offer exquisitely-curated event experiences.
January 2018 spotlights the magnificent artistry and talents of Mirabelle Studio!With a new website and fresh designs for 2018, the extraordinary Judy Lynn regularly transforms our distinctive ideas and innovative visions into spectacular, bespoke creations for discerning clients and festive fêtes.
Delight in these items and unique stories of interest as you learn more about Mirabelle Studio, one of our premier, longtime Preferred Partners.
Ten Things about Mirabelle Studio
- A mirabelle is a small yellow plum grown primarily for preserving. It also inspires what I do and how I work. I create books and boxes to hold, store, and preserve life’s moments.
- I am passionate about combining my love of book arts and printmaking with my new focus on surface pattern design.
- I use traditional bookbinding and linocut tools along with a laptop to create my pieces. I enjoy this combination of old and new to create modern, functional art.
- Nature is an endless source of inspiration for me. This admiration motivates my commitment to supporting nature and using eco-products and practices whenever possible.
- I have lived in five different states and in Paris, France. These locations continuously percolate up and influence my work.
- I love to work with my hands and I view making things as an extension of myself. My favorite piece is always what I am working on at the moment. Currently I’m designing tree frogs and jungle foliage.
- I love hearing how people use my boxes. They have held diamonds, vitamins, volcanic ash, remote controls, photos, tax papers, pens, pet remains, Limoges boxes, candy, gift cards, athletic medals, and sugar packets.
- I earned a BFA in graphic design and minored in publishing and printing arts where I learned letterpress printing and book binding.
- Each piece is made by hand in small batches to ensure quality and meticulous craftsmanship.
- I enjoy the functional element that is inherent in my work, however, I don’t think a book or box needs to be filled. I love blank books and empty boxes because they hold the potential for something wonderful!
Visit their colorful site to learn more + view our Gallery for photographs of past, bespoke offerings by Judy Lynn of Mirabelle Studio.
“I think it is in collaboration that the nature of art is revealed.”
– Steve Lacy
Photo Credits: © PhotoGabi exclusively for The Huestudio + Company.
View photo gallery