We are grateful and appreciative to all of our supporters and “adoptive parents” who have purchased and “adopted” ducks for The 10th Annual Windy City Rubber Ducky Derby and the “Decade of Ducks” celebration!
Congratulations to our fifty (50) “Lucky Ducks” who have adopted six (6) ducks [“Quack Packs”] – or – twenty-four (24) ducks [“A Flock of Ducks”], on behalf of The Sunshine Paddlers team.
These fifty (50) “Lucky Ducks” will receive an exclusive, custom-curated “Decade of Ducks” gift set, compliments of The Huestudio + Company, valued at over $125/each! Gift sets will be mailed and/or hand-delivered on August 6, 2015, depending on confirmed attendance.
- Denise Adamson – Quack Pack x 2
- Sherry Allen – Quack Pack
- Kim Ball – Quack Pack x 2
- Christine Barcikowski – Quack Pack x 2 [Sunshine Paddler Team Member]
- Charles Besser – Flock of Ducks!
- Lora Biddle – Quack Pack
- Roseanne Bodinet – Quack Pack
- Lindsay Brown – Quack Pack [Sunshine Paddler Team Member]
- Kimberly Burr – Quack Pack x 2
- Curtis Cheshire – Flock of Ducks!
- Gail Cheshire – Flock of Ducks! [Sunshine Paddler Team Member]
- Bonnie Czarny – Quack Pack
- Eileen Delisle – Quack Pack
- Joseph Delisle – Quack Pack
- Roberta Dusek – Quack Pack [Sunshine Paddler Team Member]
- Katherine Dusek – Quack Pack
- Robert Elliott – Quack Pack
- Janice Gilligan – Quack Pack x 2
- Anthony Hernandez – Quack Pack [Sunshine Paddler Team Member]
- Kevin Helwig – Quack Pack
- Christopher Holke – Quack Pack
- Rich Holke – Flock of Ducks! ++ [Sunshine Paddler Team Member]
- William Holke – Flock of Ducks!
- Suzanne Jahnke – Quack Pack
- John Jordan – Quack Pack
- Maggi Kujawa – Quack Pack
- Tina Kunze – Quack Pack
- Charmain Marroquin – Quack Pack
- Deborah Marshall – Quack Pack
- Sandy Milton – Quack Pack
- John Perkins – Quack Pack x 2 [Sunshine Paddler Team Member]
- Libby Perkins – Quack Pack x 2 [Sunshine Paddler Team Member]
- Sue Rateike – Quack Pack
- Wendy Reeder – Quack Pack
- Mike + Margaret Romer – Quack Pack
- Modesta Sailer – Quack Pack
- Kerrie Schneider – Quack Pack
- Joe Schlamotz – Flock of Ducks!
- Candace Shimkus – Quack Pack
- Dorothy Starks – Quack Pack
- Joy Sullivan – Flock of Ducks!
- Laura Swinehart – Quack Pack
- Shannon Thomas – Quack Pack
- Venus Tombakoglu – Quack Pack [Sunshine Paddler Team Member]
- Linda Trelford – Quack Pack
- Judi Vallejo – Quack Pack
- Margaret Vega – Quack Pack
- Laurelle Wallace – Quack Pack
- Joan Warunek – Quack Pack
- Adrienne Wohn – Quack Pack x 2
One (1) complimentary duck adoption was given to all who purchased a team t.shirt. Please visit The Sunshine Paddlers team site to view your single duck adoption.
- Ron Antonacci: 1 adoption
- Gabriel Bucataru: 3 adoptions
- Joanne Calabrese: 1 adoption
- Gail Cheshire: 4 adoptions
- Sylvia Davis: 1 adoption
- Roberta Dusek: 1 adoption
- Ophelia Hernandez: 3 adoptions
- Sandra Hoadley: 1 adoption
- Rich Holke: 1 adoption
- Mona Kunio: 1 adoption
- John Perkins: 1 adoption
- Patience Paisley: 1 adoption
- Feonie Tandoc: 1 adoption
- Kathleen Young: 1 adoption
There’s still time to join The Sunshine Paddlers team! Sign up + adopt ducks under your favorite team member! We hope you’ll join us on Thursday, August 6, 2015 as we support Special Olympics Illinois!
Current Team Members for The Sunshine Paddlers [current, as of July 22, 2015.]
- Ron Antonacci – 2015 Sunshine Ambassador*
- Christine Barcikowski
- Lindsay Brown
- Joanne Calabrese
- Gail Cheshire
- Roberta Dusek
- Anthony Hernandez
- Ophelia Hernandez
- Rich Holke
- Jeff Hughes
- Mary Luzader
- Libby Perkins
- John Perkins
- Penny Thomas
- Arman Tombakoglu
- Venous Tombakoglu
Ron Antonacci is 53 years old and started competing with Special Olympics back in 1976! Throughout the years, he has competed for Gage Park and Marquette Park Special Recreation, located on the southwest side of Chicago. Ron competed in track and field, basketball, softball, and floor hockey, and most recently he has competed in Special Olympic Bowling and Bocce Ball with South Suburban Special Recreation Association located in Tinley Park.
Over Ron’s career he has won 97 total medals [ 37 of them being Gold! ], including numerous participation ribbons.
Ron attended Southwest Community Services Job Training Center Job in Tinley Park, and through their job placement program, he was able to attain a job at Jewel Osco in Frankfort as a utility clerk where he has proudly worked there for 18 years. Ron is very active in the community and well known by everyone.
The Huestudio + Company and The Sunshine Paddlers team is honored to have Ron serve as our 2015 Sunshine Ambassador!